New Acquisition: Mustachioed Waiters


Yay! I always feel so happy when I find another set of cheese spreaders. I found these yesterday at a local consignment store for $2.99.

I don't have this set of waiters, although I do have at least three other waiters sets. The other sets all have waiters wearing black jackets and carrying various wine bottles, but these look different: the waiters are wearing striped shirts with white aprons and have brown hair and brown mustaches. Two are carrying menus, one is opening a bottle of wine with a corkscrew and one is carrying a metal carafe, perhaps of coffee. Altogether, these waiters are more informal-looking than the others I have.

There are no markings in the blade at all, but the box identifies them as from the trademarked line called Spreadables, designed for the "At Home Collection" of Cardinal, Inc., a New Jersey company, and made in China (as I believe most spreaders are). The Spreadables line seems to include quite a few spreader sets -- not as many as Boston Warehouse, but a couple dozen at least. Perhaps I will do a post on the brand one day.

Comments