New Acquisition: The Cat Ladies!




Success! After several years of looking, I finally found the set of cheese spreaders that I have been seeking ever since I saw a photo of them on Pinterest: The Cat Ladies!

I had an automated search on Ebay for these, and I finally got an email telling me someone had listed a set, so I immediately purchased them.

They were listed together with a wood block to hold them, although I didn't want the block (they take up too much room to store), so I was able to get a reduced shipping price by forgoing it. The wood block is stamped with "J.K. Adams, Vermont," a maker of wooden cutting boards and other wooden kitchen products. They undoubtedly manufactured the storage block for these spreaders, but not the spreaders themselves, the blades of which are stamped only with "Stainless Steel." The spreaders were probably made in China, but not by any particular brand like Boston Warehouse.

These are absolutely the most droll and hilarious set of spreaders I have come across. It's not merely that the ladies look so crazy with their glaring eyes, glomming onto their cats, but the cats themselves have such ridiculous expressions and body posture, almost like stuffed animals, meekly submitting to the embraces of the cat ladies. Simply delightful!

I haven't posted here for many months (where did the time go?), but I had to share my success in finding this set that I have long sought after. Thanks for reading! -Beth

Comments