New Acquisitions, July and August 2014

It's been about a month since I posted, and I've had luck finding a number of cheese spreaders and sets during the past month or two, which I'd like to tell about:

First, I ran across a set of three flowers and a single lobster (sold separately) at a local consignment store. I usually go months between finding spreaders there, but that visit was lucky. The three flowers are obviously past of a set of four, and I'm not sure if the fourth is another light blue flower like the one in the middle, or if it is another color entirely. The lobster came with a lobster-handled two-pronged fork, which I accidentally dropped and broke after washing it at home (which didn't upset me that much, since I was wondering what I would do with the fork anyway, since I don't collect forks).






Next, my mother gave me a set of fruit basket spreaders with a small butcher block to store them in:


Then, a couple of weeks ago, I ran across these colorful parrots at the same consignment store. I think these are quite cheery and I might use them if I have a tropical-themed party.


The next two I purchased from Ebay. I found the movie theatre-themed ones several weeks ago for less than $5 including shipping, so I had to have them, having admired this set for a long time in photos online. 



I had also long coveted this set of Scottish-looking golfers, for several years actually. They were always more than I wanted to pay, but I recently found them in a much less-expensive listing and bid and won them.



So, now I'm starting to wonder how I might better store my cheese spreaders, now that I'm starting to accumulate more of them. I want to keep them in their original boxes (the ones that I find in their boxes, anyway) to maintain their integrity, but the boxes take up a lot of room. I've just been putting them in large cardboard boxes to store them, but that is unsatisfying, because it's hard for me to access them (plus I have four large cardboard boxes stacked in a corner of one room, which is inconvenient.

I'll think about this problem some more and write a post if I figure out an answer. Thanks for reading!

Comments